Mitas XT-946 rear white stripe motorcycle tire is made with a soft supple casing and a very soft rubber compound which was originally intended for winter and cold weather Enduro rides. This tire also works well on extreme rocky wet trails.
Mitas XT-946 Ice Soft Rear Motorcycle Tires
In 2012, we brought in the Mitas XT-946 Ice Soft Rear Motorcycle Tires. This was a motorcycle tire made special for us. NOT for studding at first, but for off-road use in dirt. The Mitas XT-946 has a 2-ply casing, in a wide knobby. It acts like a trials tire in use, but does not pack up with mud like a trials tire does. And even though the rubber compound is soft, it is very durable. As one of our people told us – “This tire is a BEAST!”
The Mitas XT-946 Ice Soft Rear Motorcycle Tire has been our best selling off-road tire since 2012, and has been extremely popular with our New England KTM dealers. For some, it has replaced the Pirelli MT-16 for off-road work as it behaves better for most riders in our rocky New England terrain, but is also more durable.
MOTORACE has been selling the Trelleborg / Mitas line for over 20 years. They have been good to us, and wonderful for our customers.
Tire Stripe Information
Tire Stripe Information
Tire markings for Mitas Motocross Competition, Junior Motocross Competition, Pit Cross and Motocross tires.
- Double Red Stripe – Motocross competition Tire made from the hardest tread compound for soft and sandy terrain.
- Red and Yellow Stripe – Motocross competition Tire made from a medium hard tread compound for soft to medium terrain.
- Red and Green Stripe – Motocross competition Tire made from a softer tread compound for medium to hard terrain.
- Red Stripe – Tire for junior motocross competition and pit cross.
- White Stripe – Motocross Tire for winter use (spiking, motoskyöring and ice motocross); it features a classical carcass and a special soft compound (the compound remains flexible and elastic in the freezing cold of up to -10 °C).
- Tire Without A Stripe – Motocross Tire suitable for training and hobby riding.
- Yellow Stripe (Super) – Tire made from a softer compound for Enduro FIM and cross country competitions. Since in these races types of surfaces are alternating from soft to hard, a medium hard compound is used to deliver performance on different surfaces.
- Green Stripe (Super Light) – Tire with a softer carcass and soft tread compound for extreme enduro or cross country competitions on harder terrains. The tread compound is softer than the yellow-stripe (Super) version and designed for harder terrain.
- Double Green Stripe (Super Soft) – Tire with a softer carcass and extra soft tread compound for rocky terrain and most demanding extreme enduro competitions.